How do I force a factory reset on my Mac?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I reset my Mac built in keyboard?
Fully shut down your MacBook. Reboot your MacBook and press and hold Command+Option+P+R before the gray screen appears. Wait until you hear the reboot sound and release the keys. Let the system reboot normally.
How do you fix a Mac keyboard problem?
If your Mac doesn’t respond to key presses
- Disconnect and reconnect the keyboard. Make sure the connector is completely inserted into the port.
- Connect your keyboard to a different USB port or to a different Mac. If this solves the problem, your Mac may need to be repaired.
- Connect a different keyboard to this Mac.
Why is my Mac not recognizing my keyboard?
Make sure Mouse Keys is off. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Keyboard, then click Input Sources. Select “Show Input menu in menu bar.” Open the Input menu, then make sure the correct keyboard layout is selected.
Why won’t my wireless keyboard connect to my Mac?
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear, or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.
How do you enter recovery mode on a Mac?
How to enter Recovery Mode. 1) In the Apple menu choose Restart, or power on your Mac. 2) As your Mac restarts, hold down the Command (⌘) – R combination immediately upon hearing the startup chime. Hold the keys until the Apple logo appears.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro Keyboard?
On the MacBook / Pro’s keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time. Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adapter may change colors briefly to indicate the SMC has reset.
How do you reset an Apple Computer?
Here’s how to reset a MacBook (or any Mac computer): 1. Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. Let go when the Apple logo pops up. 2. Select your language and continue. 3. Choose Disk Utility and click continue.