What preparations are made for Diwali?
9 ways to prepare for Diwali celebration
- Spring-clean and have a good tidy.
- Decorate your home.
- Light lamps every night during the festival.
- Shop for a brand new outfit.
- Prepare a festive meal.
- Make an awesome fireworks display.
- Prepare for ‘Lakshmi Pooja’
- Play games.
What should we do before Diwali?
Here are a few other Diwali activities that can keep you connected to traditions back home.
- Play card games.
- Diwali cleaning.
- Diwali shopping.
- Decorate with a colorful rangoli.
- Surround yourself with Diwali decorations.
- Send special wishes.
- Celebrate with traditional sweets.
- Connect with your local community.
How can I spend Diwali alone?
Spending Diwali Alone This Year? Here Are Some Things To Do!
- Treat Yourself To A Spa-cial Day.
- Skype/ Facetime With Your Family.
- Share A Zoom Diwali Party Invitation On Social Media.
- Get Drunk And Dance To A Playlist Of Peppy Bollywood Numbers.
- Capture Pictures Of The Celebrations Around You.
What to do on Diwali?
Another tradition at the beginning of Diwali is to go shopping for new clothes and household items, like kitchen utensils and decorations. Try to buy at least a couple new items of clothing and kitchen tools to wear and use during Diwali, another way of celebrating the fresh start of a year.
When do you celebrate Diwali?
Diwali is also known as Deepavali, Dipavali, Dewali, Deepawali , or the Festival of Lights. It is celebrated in October or November each year.
How do Indians celebrate Diwali?
Diwali is celebrated all over India as it marks the return of Hindu god Lord Rama to Ayodhya in northern India after he defeated Ravana , the powerful demon king of Lanka. Indians celebrate the festival by lighting lamps, bursting fire crackers and distributing sweets among loved ones. Hindus also worshipped…
What are Diwali decorations?
Torans are the decorations on the entrance of homes and offices on the wall over the doors. They are usually made of coconut or mango leaves which are sometimes made by people. There are many plastic and paper torans made of colorful paper in the market which are ideal items of decoration for Diwali.