What is a good brand of paper shredder?
Best paper shredders
- Best overall: Fellowes Powershred 99Ms Micro-Cut. Courtesy of Amazon.
- Editor’s pick: AmazonBasics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder.
- Best for low prices: Aurora AS420C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder.
- Best for small offices: Fellowes Powershred 79Ci Shredder.
- Best heavy duty shredder: Bonsaii EverShred C149-C.
What is the fastest paper shredder?
Fellowes PowerShred 99Ci
If you’re currently staring at boxes of files that need to be shredded, the Fellowes PowerShred 99Ci can make fast work of them. In our testing, it clocked a speed of 180 pages per minute. It also readily gobbled up everything we threw at it, from thick envelopes to CDs and even credit cards.
What is the best inexpensive paper shredder?
The Best Paper Shredders on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers
- AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Home Office Shredder.
- Aurora Desktop-Style Cross-Cut Paper Shredder.
- Aurora Professional Strip Cut Paper Shredder.
- AmazonBasics 6-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder.
How long can you run a paper shredder?
Most household shredders can shred between 5-10 minutes continuously before a cool-down period is needed. Professional shredders for offices can run for up to 30 minutes.
How big is a P-1 paper shredder strip?
A P-1 paper shredder is the lowest security level available, and is recommended only for non-sensitive documents. They produce long strips from your sheet with single-direction shredding, called a strip cut. These strips are a maximum of 0.47″ wide, so just under 1/2 of an inch (12mm).
What’s the smallest paper shredder you can get?
The Aurora AS420C is a very small and portable cross-cut shredder. The top of this mini shredder contains a handle, so you can easily grab and transport it anywhere you want. The feed opening is only 4.5 inches wide, so you need to fold your documents before shredding. The small wastebasket can hold the shredder particles of 40 papers.
How many sheets of paper can you shred in a shredder?
The 3.5-gallon lift-up bin can hold 100 sheets of shredder A4 documents. Through the transparent window, you can see when the container is full. The shredder can shred up to 6 sheets per pass for four minutes straight before the shredder needs to cool down.
How big is a standard Shredder particle size?
These strips are a maximum of 0.47″ wide, so just under 1/2 of an inch (12mm). If shredding a letter size page (8.5″ wide), that creates about 18 strips from your page. As you can imagine, this shred size is a very low security rating, and is not a very common choice for paperwork with any kind of sensitive information on it.