What is there to do in upstate NY during Covid?
Upstate N.Y. Day Trips: Caves & Mines
- Herkimer Diamond Mines.
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves.
- International Boxing Hall of Fame.
- Jell-O Gallery Museum.
- The National Museum of Play.
- Niagara Falls.
- Midway State Park.
- Lake George.
Where can I spend a week in upstate New York?
Where is Upstate New York?
- Hudson Valley (cute, small towns, historic charm)
- Catskill Mountains (outdoor adventures and hiking opportunities)
- Ithaca, New York (Finger Lakes Region, boating, kayaking, etc)
- Buffalo, NY (Niagara Falls, Sports, good for families)
- Adirondack Mountains (hiking and backpacking)
Where should I go in upstate NY?
21 Best Places to Visit in Upstate NY
- Watkins Glen State Park. 1009 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891, map.
- Ausable Chasm. 2144 U.S. 9, Au Sable, NY 12911, map.
- Whiteface Mountain. Wilmington, NY 12997, map.
- Breakneck Ridge.
- Giant Ledge.
- Dia: Beacon.
- Storm King Art Center.
- Eternal Flame Falls.
What is there to do in upstate New York in May?
Top Things to Do in New York This May
- Eat ADK Restaurant Week (Adirondacks)
- Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (Multiple Regions)
- Empire State Fair (Long Island)
- Blast Off to Space Fair (Central)
- Rochester Lilac Festival (Finger Lakes)
- 71st Annual Tulip Festival (Capital-Saratoga)
What is upstate New York famous for?
Upstate New York is home to numerous popular tourist and recreational destinations, including Niagara Falls, the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, the Thousand Islands, the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and the Finger Lakes.
Where can I go in the summer in upstate New York?
12 best cities and towns to visit in the summer in Upstate NY,…
- Kingston. New York’s first capital city (1777) is brimming with history, filled with great places to eat, dotted with historical markers and loaded with charm.
- Watkins Glen.
- Alexandria Bay.
What is upstate NY famous for?
What towns are in upstate New York?
11 Must-Visit Small Towns in Upstate New York
- Alexandria Bay.
- Lake Placid.
What to do in upstate New York for a day?
If you’re just looking for fun things to do in Upstate New York, especially for families, the Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an ideal location to spend an afternoon or full day. You can enjoy the scenery and meet the animals on the guided walking tours, which run on an hourly basis.
What to see in New York on a day trip?
New York City is a star and you should try to see as much of it as you can, but don’t count out all of the fun day trips in upstate N.Y. Our selection of fun upstate N.Y day trips features a variety of unique spots, including water parks, historic sites, museums, forts, beaches, an insane asylum and, yes, Niagara Falls.
Where to go with kids in New York?
Upstate New York is a summertime wonderland with plenty of great ideas for day trips you can take with the family. From outdoor art parks to summerized classic winter activities, here are nine great ideas for day trips to take with your kids in Upstate New York.
What to do for a weekend in New York?
To make it a full getaway weekend, the city has several lodging options from bed-and-breakfast inns to larger hotels. This year marks the 100 th anniversary of women’s suffrage in New York. Spend a weekend learning about the history and Upstate New York’s role in the women’s rights movement.