What are the technical challenges that you faced with selenium?
Top 9 Challenges Faced In Selenium Automation
- Cross Browser Testing.
- Synchronizing Events.
- Handling Dynamic Elements.
- False Positive and False Negative Results.
- Pop up and Alert Handling.
- Captcha or OTP Handling.
- Limited Reporting.
What are the challenges and limitations of selenium WebDriver?
What are the Challenges and Limitations of Selenium?
- You cannot test the windows application. Selenium doesn’t support windows based applications.
- Mobile testing is not permitted.
- Limited reporting.
- Handling dynamic Elements.
- Handling pop up windows.
What are the technical challenges in automation testing?
Top Five Challenges in Test Automation
- Effective Communicating and Collaborating in Team. This is perhaps a challenge not just in test automation but also in manual testing teams.
- Selecting a Right Tool.
- Demanding Skilled Resources.
- Selecting a Proper Testing Approach.
- High Upfront Investment Cost.
What Cannot be automated with Selenium?
There are many thing possible that cannot be done using Selenium WebDriver. Bitmap comparison is not possible using Selenium WebDriver. Automating Captcha is not possible using Selenium WebDriver. We can not read bar code using Selenium WebDriver.
How does selenium handle sync issues?
An implicit wait makes WebDriver poll the DOM for a certain amount of time when trying to locate an element. Implicit Wait directs the Selenium WebDriver to wait for a certain measure of time before throwing an exception. Once this time is set, WebDriver will wait for the element before the exception occurs.
What are the challenges of automation?
Top Challenges in Automation Testing
- Ensuring Adequate Test Automation Coverage. When measuring test automation success, code coverage is one of the most popular metrics used.
- If you Automate Chaos, all you get is Faster Chaos.
- Selecting the Right Tools.
- Getting started.
- Setting measurable and realistic goals.
What are the limitation of selenium?
What are the limitations of Selenium?
- Selenium cannot extend support to the Windows applications, it only works on the web based applications.
- Selenium is not capable of performing mobile automation on its own.
- Selenium does not have any inbuilt reporting feature.
What are the common problems of software automation?
Let’s go through these test automation problems one by one and see if you are suffering the same.
- Unrealistic Expectations for Automated Testing.
- Using the Wrong Tools.
- Automating Useless Tests and Neglecting the Important Test Cases.
- Choosing the Wrong Testing Time.
- Lack of Proper Testing.
Where we Cannot use selenium?
1. Windows apps Testing. As Selenium WebDriver is specifically used for automated testing of web applications, we cannot use it for windows based applications. For example, if we want to automate tests for a Windows application, such as a native ‘Calculator’, it is not possible via Selenium.
Why does Selenium require synchronization?
Synchronization meaning: when two or more components involved to perform any action, we expect these components to work together with the same pace. The co-ordination between these components to run paralelly is called Synchronization. Synchronization (Wait) in Selenium has a great significant value.
What are the common challenges when using selenium?
5 Common Challenges When Using Selenium 1 Identifying dynamic content. It can be tricky to identify content with dynamically generated attributes using Selenium. 2 Dealing with timing issues. 3 Maintaining web elements. 4 Implementing data-driven testing. 5 Reporting
Why are so many selenium test scripts fail?
Whether you call it a timeout or sync issue, it is one of the most common challenges in Selenium test automation. If you don’t handle this issue carefully, most of your testing script might fail. It is even proved many times that around 80% of scripts fail due to improper sync while executing automation testing.
Do you know about automation testing using selenium?
“Automation Testing using Selenium” – If you are a tester, developer, or even a part of a QA team, you might be well versed with this term, but if you have never used or implemented automation testing with Selenium in your career, then you might not know about the difficulties that it brings to a QA team.
Are there any problems with using Selenium WebDriver?
Using Selenium WebDriver, you could only perform testing in a sequential way and that won’t be as effective as you may want your automation process to be. Also, the speed at which tests will be executed would depend upon your computing speed. Now, we know that is where a Selenium Grid comes to aid by empowering you to run test cases in parallel.